This is the e-book (pdf) format of the book "Medical statistics made easy".
It was written for the purpose of making you understand the concept of medical statistics. If you want to, listen to my introductory video here.
If you have everything on your Mac or iPad, don't hesitate to add this to your collection as well.
Want to have a look inside the book? Come, have a look!
- If you're newly introduced to biostatistics, I can assure you: I've walked in your shoes, been in your place.
- There was a period of time when I completely didn't understand a word in medical statistics, but then, the formulae and the different function in statistics started to make sense...
After hours of making charts and writing and taking notes and sitting in front of my laptop.
With this book, I'm giving you a way to shorten the time of studying biostatistics.
This book contains all the basic, essential information that is necessary to understand biostatistics!
5 reasons to buy this book:
- You will understand the four types of data and the most significant descriptive statistical terms.
- You will indeed be able to test the hypothesis regarding to a specific study.
- You will be able to decide which parametric or non-parametric test to choose for a certain task.
- You will be able to interpret the following terms: sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, negative predictive value.
- You'll be able to understand the concepts of medical statistics.
If you skip buying this book:
- Your will likely miss the correct statistical test for your research.
- You will probably have a hard time understanding the university books about statistics.
- You will not remember the essence of hypothesis testing: it will remain a mystery of H-s and p-s for you. (two weeks later, you're probably going to ask: what's that 5% level of significance, anyway?)
- You won't be sure about what a 12 mmol/l CRP concentracion with a 90% negative predictive value means.
Medical statistics made easy - because statistics can be fun!